Semi-monthly Catharsis.

This is a post of an update email originally sent 2/1/12.  As you know, I’m just trying to gather all my fabulously interesting writing into one place.

Good morning.

Well, two weeks have passed and it’s time for another cathartic email…

Since our last installment, I’ve traveled to and from NY (again).  However, this time, when I landed at home on Thursday afternoon, Tammy was busy getting ready for her quick jaunt to NY.  That’s right…ships passing in the night.  I landed at 2:30 and she took off at midnight.  Thankfully, she prepared all possible combinations and permutations of food that we could possibly need for Shabbat, so much so, that my nephew who is in yeshiva for the year came to join us and we still had leftovers!

I think it’s quite funny that people feel the need to check in on me but, as my downstairs neighbor said, he just wanted to make sure the kids were treating me nicely and I wasn’t curled up in a fetal position, mumbling incoherently, due to their misbehavior.  Truth is, the kids are amazing.  They really do take great care of me and they’re very patient and usually laugh at my jokes.  (Since they’re on this mailing list, I’m guessing there’s a fair amount of eyeball-rolling right now.)

So Tammy left for the weekend and wasn’t scheduled to return until Monday afternoon.  That meant that I had to rely on friends and family to get me to and from chemo.  But who was going to keep me company at the hospital?  Well, as luck would have it, my brother landed that morning.  He’s in town for a week of meetings.  So, he dropped his bags at his hotel and came to visit me.  By the time he got to the hospital, I was still waiting to be called in.  I’m not sure the people in the waiting room quite knew what to make of us.  We tend to make a lot of noise when we’re together…

Thankfully, he brought food to eat and after he was sated, and I was called in for treatment and we got settled, I got to watch him snooze in the chair next to me.  He’s good company.

In other good news, the chemo seems to working.  A recent CT and blood work both looked good.  There’s a light at the end of the tunnel and, if all continues to go well, we could be done with this part of the ordeal by early summer.  I won’t say anything else about that at this point, but I think I owe it to my great doctors, as well as friends and family who continue to send good vibes.  So, thanks for that!

As always, thank you all for reading this far.


About Alan

F---ing Cancer since 2011.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s